Holmes Fire is a fire protection engineering consultancy offering unrivalled opportunities for career advancement. We advance fire safety design through a collaborative approach with architects, engineers, owners, contractors, and the authorities having jurisdiction. Our collective expertise enables Holmes the insight to offer comprehensive fire safety engineering solutions for a wide range of occupancies. We enhance the functionality of design whilst always prioritizing occupant and firefighter safety. We are part of the international Holmes Group servicing projects throughout the US, Australia, and New Zealand. We have a reputation for technical excellence and client focused service. We provide an approach that encourages performance-based solutions to deliver innovation, design flexibility, and greater value resulting in approvals as an alternative to prescriptive building code compliance.
We’re seeking Senior Fire Protection Engineers for our San Francisco, Los Angeles and Seattle offices!
This role will provide senior technical support to a team of engineers and technical subject matter experts focusing on fire protection and life safety. Responsibilities include drawing review, preparing building and fire code analysis reports, and engineering analyses specific to fire protection, life safety, and risk. Contributing to the technical development of the office, business development, marketing initiatives, project scoping and management, client relations management, and general completion of deliverables. Act as mentor and coach for the other professional staff of engineers. Engage in peer review of technical documents prepared by other companies and advancement of the profession through local professional association affiliates.
Candidates should have:
- B.S. or M.S. degree in Fire Safety/Protection Engineering. PE registration, or ability to obtain is preferred
- 6+ years working in a fire protection engineering consultancy, or related industry
- Experience mentoring junior staff and providing technical leadership
- Enjoys working in a collaborative team environment
- Great oral and written communication skills
- Background in Code Consulting and Fire Protection Engineering Consulting
- Good understanding of performance-based fire engineering
- Experience working with authorities and design teams, interacting with clients